Cajun Veggie Burgers with Kasha
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Heather: Healthy Vegan Recipes
"This Cajun veggie burger recipe is a great option for a quick dinner, and with fast-cooking kasha (buckwheat) as the base, your meal will be ready in no time. Veggie burgers make for fun vegan recipes because once you make them, there are so many options for eating them! On a bun, on some greens, under a pickle and a tomato, with some home-baked french fries..."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 191
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 burgers)
- Bring water and kasha to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, without stirring, until kasha groats are soft and fully open, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir carrots, parsley, olive oil, basil, thyme, oregano, paprika, mustard, and cayenne pepper into the kasha. Form mixture into patties and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned on the outside, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- To fry instead of bake, leave the olive oil out of the patties. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan instead and place patties in the pan, being sure to get some oil on the bottom side. Cook for 5 minutes per side.
Per Serving: 191 calories; 4.8 34.8 5.5 0 71 Full nutrition