Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 5 m servings 260
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric in a bowl. Add lamb meat and stir to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves, peppercorns, and bay leaves. Cook and stir until leaves begin to sizzle and fragrance is released, about 1 minute. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until you see oil in the corner of the pan, 5 to 10 minutes. Add remaining garlic paste and ginger paste and stir for about 1 minute. Add remaining turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, and red chile powder and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove lamb from marinade and add to the pan with the onion mixture. Add water and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook over medium heat until lamb is cooked through, about 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally so that curry does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Add more water to thin if necessary.
- Season with garam masala and cook 1 minute more. Garnish with cilantro.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can adjust the amount of red chile powder to your taste, or replace it with paprika if you prefer.
- You can also use goat stew meat instead of lamb.
Per Serving: 260 calories; 12.7 15.5 21.1 56 706 Full nutrition