Vegetarian Zuppa Toscana
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 440
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onions until they are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Place in the bottom of a 4-quart pot or dutch oven.
- Mix in sliced potatoes and vegetable broth to the pot. Bring mixture to a boil and cook, uncovered, until potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, 10 to 12 minutes. Add kale, vegetarian sausage, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover and let simmer until half of the liquid is evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- Pour in half-and-half to mixture. Cover and simmer until heated through, no longer than 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute almond or soy milk for half-and-half to make this recipe vegan.
- You can 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion for the fresh onion.
Per Serving: 440 calories; 24.3 42.5 18.9 34 908 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1