Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h servings 305
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a9x-13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and cloves in a small bowl. Mix pistachios and walnuts together in a separate bowl.
- Unroll phyllo sheets on a damp towel on a cutting board and cover with a second damp towel to keep them from drying out. Brush parchment paper with melted butter and place 1 phyllo sheet on top. Brush the sheet with butter and layer another sheet on top. Continue layering until you have used about 1/3 of the phyllo, brushing butter between each layer. Sprinkle 1/2 of spiced sugar and nuts on top.
- Continue layering another 1/3 of the phyllo sheets using the same method; sprinkle on remaining spiced sugar and nuts. Layer on the remaining 1/3 of the phyllo sheets and brush the top with butter. Fold over any overhanging phyllo dough and brush with butter to seal the edges.
- Cut slashes 2 inches apart into the dough, then diagonally across to form 2-inch diamonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the honey syrup. Combine water, remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, honey, lemon juice, and orange blossom water in a small sauce pot. Bring to a boil, reduce the temperature, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool until baklava finishes baking.
- Immediately pour the hot honey syrup over the baklava and let sit until syrup is completely absorbed, 4 hours to overnight. Cut into diamond pieces following the scores made before baking. Serve at room temperature.
You might also like
Per Serving: 305 calories; 18.9 32.3 5 20 190 Full nutrition