Salad Crunchies Seed Medley
10 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 162
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; this will help later when putting the medley in a container.
- Combine pepitas, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, egusi, chia seeds, quinoa, white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, and amaranth seeds in a large bowl. Mix together using a rubber spatula. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over seeds while mixing. Drizzle remaining olive oil in and continue mixing. Season with salt, cayenne, and ground peppercorns; mix until well combined. Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir well. Bake for another 5 minutes and stir again. Check egusi seeds as they will be the first seeds that show signs of roasting by turning brown. Bake for 5 more minutes, checking in after 3 minutes without opening oven door. Once egusi are brown and pepitas are beginning to brown (they will have a glossy shine and should begin to puff up), turn off the heat and open the oven door. Leave the seeds inside with the door open for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet and let seeds cool on the sheet, stirring occasionally. Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I rinse my quinoa the night before and set it on paper towels to dry overnight. Any vegetable oil will work, coconut oil is especially good.
- Use any combination of seasonings. I've used sriracha salt and even curry before - the seasoning combinations are endless.
Per Serving: 162 calories; 13.1 7.6 5.9 0 50 Full nutrition