Taco Hand Pies
"These taco pies are easier to handle than those regular tacos you need two hands to keep the the shells from cracking and the fillings from falling out. Pico de gallo and pepper Jack cheese round out the flavors of the taco beef. Taco hand pies are perfect for parties and on-the-go meals. Serve with picante sauce for dipping."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 226
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 hand pies)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, and garlic salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Cook and stir beef in a saute pan over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain fat and return beef to the pan. Add water and taco seasoning; stir thoroughly until fully incorporated and water has been absorbed, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomato mixture and pepper Jack cheese,
- Lightly flour a work surface. Roll each empanada wrapper out to a 6-inch circle. Scoop 1/3 cup beef filling onto the center of each wrapper. Fold each wrapper in half to enclose the filling. Crimp edges with a fork to seal. Pierce the top of each pie twice with a fork. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk egg and water together to make egg wash. Brush egg wash over the tops of the pies.
- Bake on the middle rack of the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 226 calories; 9.9 22.9 11.7 43 439 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1