Chicken and Black Bean Chimichangas
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 494
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 chimichangas)
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Pour in oil and add the onion and garlic. Saute until they just start to become translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the oregano, cumin, and chili powder and cook for 1 minute longer. Mix in the black beans, chicken, and salsa. Bring to a boil and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Cheddar, green onions, cilantro, and salt.
- Using a warm oven or a hot burner, warm the tortillas until they become soft and pliable. Lay out the softened tortillas on a work surface and divide the filling between the tortillas. Fold the sides of each tortilla in toward the middle; roll up like a burrito.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat remaining oil in a saute pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, work in batches and brown each chimichanga on all sides. Transfer chimichangas to a baking pan; place in the oven and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- For more recipe ideas and 14 Hands pairings, click here.
Per Serving: 494 calories; 19.4 47.5 32.6 72 1272 Full nutrition