Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 530
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Boil sausage in 1/4 cup water for 5 minutes. While the sausage is boiling, remove the shells from the shrimp. Put shells and tails in 2 cups of water. Bring shrimp water to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Grill the sausage links for about 5 minutes or until they are completely cooked through. Brush the shrimp with 1/2 tablespoon oil and grill about 2 minutes per side. Pull off and set aside.
- Heat a medium pot on medium high heat and add vegetable oil, onions, and red pepper. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add Cajun seasoning and rice; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the Syrah Rose, stir for a few seconds, and strain the shrimp stock into the pot. Once it comes to a boil, turn the heat down to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the shrimp and sausage into bite-sized pieces.
- Once rice is done, add peas, shrimp, and sausage and cook for another 2 minutes to heat through. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Garnish with chopped green onions.
You might also like
- For more recipe ideas and Chateau Ste. Michelle pairings click here.
Per Serving: 530 calories; 23.8 44.4 29.9 195 948 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used some spicy sausage and this was still low on flavor. I think some more spice and more peppers and peas and this would be alright.