Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 512
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add shells and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 7 to 8 minutes; do not overcook. Drain and rinse shells with cold water.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place frozen spinach in a microwave-safe bowl and add water. Heat in the microwave for 4 minutes. Stir and allow to cool. Squeeze spinach dry and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion, egg, garlic, oregano, basil, nutmeg, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the spinach and mix well.
- Pour and spread 1/2 to 3/4 cup pasta sauce evenly over the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Fill each cooked pasta shell with spinach mixture and arrange, filled-side up, in the baking dish, keeping 1/2 inch between shells. Carefully pour remaining sauce on top of shells and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbly, about 40 minutes. Serve hot.
- Cook's Note:
- Fresh chopped spinach can be substituted for the frozen chopped spinach.
Per Serving: 512 calories; 13.9 68 28.6 57 1017 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I love stuffed shells, but was not crazy about the cottage cheese. It made for a slightly soupy stuffed shell bake. Maybe all ricotta would be better. Additionally if you’re going to add onion a...
Not spicy enough for me despite adding chilli pepper flakes. There was way too much cheese filling for the small size of the pasta shells so I just tucked it all in around the shells.