Ingredients12 h 20 m servings 95
- Pour coffee grounds of your choice into a pitcher. Pour in water and stir with a spoon. Let mixture steep at room temperature for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Line a fine-mesh strainer with a coffee filter and place over a medium bowl. Slowly pour coffee mixture through the filter. Do not force it through. Discard grounds and rinse out pitcher.
- Pour filtered coffee concentrate back into the clean pitcher. Place in the refrigerator.
- Boil water and sugar together until sugar is completely dissolved. Cool simple syrup and transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Pour 3 ounces of coffee concentrate into a Mason jar or cup. Top with 3 ounces water. Add desired amount of simple syrup and ice.
- Cook's Note:
- To keep your drink from getting watered down by ice cubes, brew a pot of regular coffee and pour into an ice cube tray. Freeze for 3 to 4 hours. No diluted coffee!
Per Serving: 95 calories; 0 24.1 0.5 0 14 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Do yourself a favour and mix by weight using an 8:1 water:coffee ground ratio (i.e, 800g water for 100g coffee). Going by weight ratio makes it super-easy to adjust to make just the right amount...
Terrific! The ratio of coffee to water is spot on. The syrup is delicious. Taste the coffee before diluting. I didn’t care for it diluted at all. Thank you for the recipe.