Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 591
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add chicken, chicken bouillon, onion, and garlic. Cover and simmer until chicken is no longer pink the middle, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a pancake grill to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix corn flour, 1 1/4 cups water, and salt together in a bowl until a smooth, moist dough is formed. Add more water if the dough seems too dry. Divide dough into 8 to 10 medium-sized balls and pat each into a 1/4-inch thick round.
- Cook dough rounds on the preheated grill until cooked on the outside, about 3 minutes per side. Pull the edges out while still hot, making a little indention in the center of each gordita.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Deep fry gorditas until golden brown on both sides, 2 to 5 minutes per gordita. Set aside on a wire cooling rack.
- Pour beans into a small saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- Drain chicken, reserving cooking liquid. Remove meat from the bones and transfer meat to a food processor. Add a few tablespoons of cooking liquid and chop to desired consistency.
- Spread a layer of warm beans on each gordita, then top with chopped chicken, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and cotija cheese. Finish with a dollop of sour cream.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use mayonnaise in place of sour cream, if you prefer.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 591 calories; 39 39 24 78 1156 Full nutrition