Ingredients1 h servings 466
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season chicken thighs on all sides with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan over medium-high heat until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Drain and discard excess grease from skillet.
- Return skillet to medium heat and cook chicken thighs, skin-side down, for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip chicken over and place skillet in the preheated oven.
- Bake until chicken thighs are no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Remove all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet.
- Return skillet to the stove over medium-high heat. Pour in chicken broth while whisking up brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in heavy whipping cream and whisk together until lightly simmering, then reduce heat to medium-low. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Return chicken and any juices back into skillet; top with bacon and green onions. Serve immediately, spooning sauce over the chicken.
Per Serving: 466 calories; 32 2.4 40.5 159 373 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Great and easy recipe. I would definitely make it again. I added garlic powder in addition to the suggested seasoning to the chicken in the beginning and roasted slices of garlic before adding t...
I used boneless/skinless chicken breasts. Because I don't own an oven-ready skillet, I modified recipe instructions to prepare this dish via stovetop method---and it still turned out fantastic. ...
Everyone in the family lovrd it! I think next time I'll make more ssuce.
Easy and tasty even without the bacon. I also substituted the heavy cream for sour cream as that’s what I had - tasted delicious. Will make again.
Who knew chicken thighs were SO delicious?! This recipe rocked. Took a bit longer than I expected though with so many “stages”. Served it with spinach and salad.
This was really good, very easy and a hit with everyone. I made it on the stove since I didn't want to heat up the house. Summer in Paradise can be Hell. Next day I added more sauce and put rice...
I will make it again. Good recipe. Chicken moist. Flavor delicious.