Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 474
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Wash spinach; shake dry and stem. Slice into 1-inch strips.
- Heat ghee in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until golden and soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add ginger paste and toss gently to incorporate. Stir in chile powder, turmeric, garam masala, coriander seeds, peppers, salt, coriander, and cumin. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add spinach and coat well; add tomatoes with 1/2 of their juice. Bring mixture to a rapid boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the spinach and tomatoes have cooked down, 5 to 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If the spinach starts to stick while cooking, add a little extra water or tomato juice to the mixture.
- It can be 100% vegan just by replacing the ghee with 3 teaspoons vegetable oil.
Per Serving: 474 calories; 40.5 26.3 9.4 98 1202 Full nutrition