South African Malay Curry
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 595
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Fry onions and garlic in the hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder, ginger, turmeric, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, and cloves; continue stirring for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat slightly and add lamb. Cook until browned on all sides, 5 to 8 minutes. Add beef broth, eggplant, tomato paste, bell pepper, jalapeno peppers, and vinegar. Drain apricots and stir in. Reduce heat and cover; simmer on low, stirring occasionally, until lamb is tender, about 1 hour.
- Stir yogurt and jam into the curry a few minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Beef can be substituted for lamb.
- Sour cream can be substituted for the yogurt.
Per Serving: 595 calories; 46 35.5 13 78 439 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1