Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 50 m servings 140
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 loaf)
- Mix the warm water, honey, and yeast in a stand-mixer bowl until mixture becomes foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add half the whole wheat flour, olive oil, and salt to the mixture. Mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until incorporated. Let sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix with a dough hook attachment on low speed, slowly adding the remaining whole wheat flour, increasing the speed to high. Mix on high until the batter is combined and not sticking to the sides of the bowl, about 7 minutes. Cover the bowl with a towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Flour a surface to work the dough.
- Place the dough onto the floured work surface and shape into a loaf. Use more flour if necessary. Place into the prepared loaf pan.
- Let shaped dough sit in a warm place until it has risen over the top of the pan, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until top of the loaf sounds hollow when tapped, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 to 20 minutes before removing from the pan and transferring to a wire rack. Let cool an additional hour before slicing; otherwise it will feel doughy.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use agave nectar or maple syrup instead of honey to make this vegan.
- Use a good-quality olive oil, and be generous with your pour.
- Don't let the dough sit in a place that is too hot to proof, as this will kill the yeast.
Per Serving: 140 calories; 1.8 28.4 4.9 0 150 Full nutrition