Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 502
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Mix flour and salt together in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in butter and shortening using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse oatmeal. Stir in ice water until dough comes together into a ball. Divide into 2 pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and roll out into 10-inch crusts. Place 1 crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine blackberries, sugar, and potato starch in a large mixing bowl. Pour the berry mixture into the pie crust. Lay the second crust over the berries. Press edges together to seal; crimp with a fork. Make 4 small slits in the top crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking until top is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool completely until set, about 2 hours.
You might also like
Per Serving: 502 calories; 24.7 67.7 5.4 46 346 Full nutrition