Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 188
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place turnips into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. Mash turnips; add butter and eggs.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl and stir into turnips. Transfer mixture to a baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle on top of turnip mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light brown on top, about 25 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can prepare the turnip, butter, and egg mixture the day ahead. Store in the refrigerator and complete the casserole the next day.
Per Serving: 188 calories; 10 20.5 5 82 604 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1