Sous Vide Lemon-Butter Shrimp
Ingredients40 m servings 212
- Set up a large pot or water bath and place your sous vide cooker into the water. Set temperature to 135 degrees F (57 degrees C) according to manufacturer's directions.
- Combine shrimp and Creole seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat. Place shrimp in a single layer inside a large vacuum bag. Place lemon peel, thyme, and butter evenly on top. Seal the bag using a vacuum sealer.
- Place bag into the water and set timer for 30 minutes.
- Remove cooked shrimp from bag and serve. Sprinkle additional Creole seasoning on top, if desired.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can leave the shrimp tails on if you like.
- Alternately, you may use a large plastic zip-top bag instead of a vacuum sealer. To use the water displacement method to seal a plastic zip-top bag, slowly lower the zip-top bag into the water, letting the water pressure force the air out of the bag, then seal closed. Halfway through cooking, move shrimp around in the bag so they cook evenly.
Per Serving: 212 calories; 12.7 6 19.9 203 340 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was so easy and so delicious. Just what I was looking for. Thanks to the creator who shared it.
Amazing recipe. I’m from Maryland and have always steamed my shrimp but the recipe takes the cake, which goes against every MD bone in my body.
Sous vide is the Best way to cook seafood!! Delicate shrimp flavor highlighted by lemon and flavourings.. Al dente texture shrimp with no labor.