Karen's Sourdough Biscuits
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"Easy biscuits made with sourdough starter. The dough is very easy to use and between waxed paper, does not get too dry or too full of flour. You may put a little butter on the tops after removing from the oven. I double the recipe to make 16 biscuits. I freeze and take out what I need."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 284
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 biscuits)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly coat with butter. Set aside.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a food processor. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour flour-butter mixture into a bowl. Stir in sourdough starter until flour is moistened.
- Turn dough onto a sheet of waxed paper. Cover with another sheet of waxed paper and roll out to 1-inch thickness. Peel off the top layer of waxed paper and cut into 8 biscuits. Arrange biscuits on the prepared baking sheet. Gather scraps, roll out, and cut again. Let biscuits rise at room temperature until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake biscuits in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot.
You might also like
Per Serving: 284 calories; 12.1 38.2 6 31 583 Full nutrition