Slow Cooker Chicken Massaman Curry
4 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 10 m servings 840
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet. Add chicken pieces in batches, cooking until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place browned chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place potatoes, carrots, and bell peppers on top of the meat in the slow cooker.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet and add onion. Cook until soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add to slow cooker. Add red curry paste, ginger paste, and lemongrass paste to the skillet and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in 1 can coconut milk; reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining 1 can coconut milk, chicken broth, and peanut butter. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until liquid begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over ingredients in the slow cooker; stir gently to combine.
- Set slow cooker to Low and cook until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 4 to 6 hours.
- 20 minutes before serving season with lemon juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Stir in 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts. Serve with hot cooked rice and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of peanuts.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute coconut oil for olive oil. You might not need the second tablespoon of olive oil if there is enough liquid in the skillet.
- You can substitute botan rice for jasmine rice.
Per Serving: 840 calories; 34 100.4 33.9 70 701 Full nutrition