Air Fryer Churros
"Who doesn't love churros? They're a delicious cinnamon-sugar treat, and making them in an air fryer takes them from a guilty treat into a sweet treat. After over 7 experiments, I do NOT recommend using a parchment paper liner. I do NOT recommend adding the cinnamon sugar to the dough."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 172
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 churros)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour in milk and add salt. Lower heat to medium and bring to a boil, continuously stirring with a wooden spoon. Quickly add flour all at once. Keep stirring until the dough comes together.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in eggs with the wooden spoon until choux pastry comes together. Spoon dough into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe dough into strips straight into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry churros at 340 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and pour onto a shallow plate.
- Remove fried churros from air fryer and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
You might also like
Per Serving: 172 calories; 9.8 17.5 3.9 84 112 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
It tasted good but it was very dense and dripped through the holes of my air fryer basket. The cinnamon and sugar wouldn’t stick to the churro. I used two duck eggs so maybe next time I will try...