Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 199
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring often until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add plum tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato sauce, parsley sprigs, salt, and sugar to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on High until tomatoes are stewed, 3 to 4 hours. Remove parsley sprigs.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender.
- Stir half-and-half into pureed soup. Cover and cook until heated through, 20 to 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use a food processor to puree soup. Work in batches. Be careful as soup will be hot.
- Substitute chicken broth for the vegetable broth if preferred.
Per Serving: 199 calories; 9.6 25.6 6.4 22 1353 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious and filling! My daughter who claims to hate tomatoes even ate this! Great for dunking grilled cheese and you can use the leftovers as a yummy pasta sauce!