Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 831
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 pork chops)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Season each pork chop with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix flour, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl; whisk eggs together in a separate bowl; place bread crumbs into a third bowl.
- Place a pork chop in the flour bowl, covering each side very lightly with flour. Move to beaten eggs, making sure to cover. Cover with bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining pork chops.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Cook each pork chop in the skillet until well-browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and cook until they have softened and released their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour to the skillet and stir into a paste, 1 to 2 minutes. Add sherry slowly and stir until well combined; repeat with chicken broth, and then with heavy cream. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon gravy over pork chops. Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute milk or half-and-half for cream, if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 831 calories; 55.5 45.8 35.1 269 878 Full nutrition