Ghirardelli Chocolate Frosted Cupcakes
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 324
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 muffin pans with paper liners; set aside.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla, oil, and buttermilk.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with the liquids; beat until combined after each addition, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cups so that each is two-thirds full. Bake, rotating halfway, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
- Chocolate Frosting: Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler; stir occasionally until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the cocoa and boiling water. Let both the chocolate and the cocoa mixture cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar, and salt on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate on low speed, and then beat in the cocoa mixture.
- To Assemble: Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Let frosting set for 5 minutes. Decorate the cupcakes by placing a Ghirardelli Chocolate Bunny on top of the frosting.
You might also like
Per Serving: 324 calories; 21 33.6 3.6 41 182 Full nutrition