Nutella® Brioche Star Recipe
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"Hey! It's Carla Bruno from CarlasCakes! This recipe is my all-time favorite, and although it might sound hard to make, it's easy once you get the hang of it. Believe me, you'll be making this one over and over again! It is the best Nutella® recipe idea! It's a pull-apart treat that you can serve at your next get-together or bring to your next event."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 435
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place bread flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix with a fork. Add milk, egg yolks, and butter. Attach dough hook and knead until dough forms a ball and feels smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large bowl. Add dough and roll around to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1 to 2 hours.
- Transfer dough to a flat work surface. Knead gently to knock the air out. Form dough into a flat oblong shape, then roll into a log. Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Keep dough covered with a damp cloth while you work with 1 piece at a time.
- Dust work surface with a little flour. Use a rolling pin to roll out first piece of dough. Invert a round 8-inch pan or plate on top; trace the rim with a sharp knife to cut dough into an 8-inch circle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and slide the circle onto it. Warm chocolate-hazelnut spread briefly in the microwave to make it easier to spread. Spread a third over the dough circle.
- Repeat with 2 more pieces of dough and remaining chocolate-hazelnut spread. Roll out last piece of dough, cut into an 8-inch circle, and place on top. Invert the pan or plate over the stack and cut through all the layers to make a perfect circle.
- Place a small drinking class in the center of the circle. Use a sharp knife to cut dough into quarters, from the base of the drinking glass to the outside edge. Cut quarters into eighths, then into sixteenths.
- Grab 2 slices and twist each one twice, in opposite directions. Repeat all the way around the circle. Pinch and seal all the ends. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Beat egg whites lightly and brush over dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool briefly before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- This one was requested especially by one of my 'Carla in the Kitchen' viewers! So this one is for her.
Per Serving: 435 calories; 15 65.2 10.7 56 78 Full nutrition