Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 523
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Check calamari for breaks and slice into 1/8- to 1/4-inch rings.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place 2 cups flour in a bowl. Whisk milk and eggs together in a separate bowl. Place remaining 4 cups flour, cornstarch, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a third bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Toss calamari rings in the plain flour. Move to the egg mixture and thoroughly coat. Move to the seasoned flour and coat fully. Move back to egg mixture if not thoroughly coated; coat with seasoned flour again.
- Submerge floured calamari in the hot oil until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per batch. Lift out with a slotted spoon, letting oil drip off. Drain on paper towels. Place calamari in a small bowl; check seasoning. Add parsley and lemon wedge for garnish.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For a great dip, mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce thoroughly and serve alongside the calamari.
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used. Avocado oil can also be used in this recipe.
Per Serving: 523 calories; 11.6 79.8 22.9 214 488 Full nutrition