0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A delicious take on everyone's two favorite appetizers - Buffalo wings and fried calamari! Fresh, homemade calamari drizzled with blue cheese and hot sauce, topped with a cooling tomato relish. Hard to give a serving size, as my daughter Evan and I finish a whole recipe between us, or I'll make a plate for myself (only) as an entree! The beauty is, you can adjust just about all of the ingredients to taste!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 887
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a resealable plastic bag and shake to combine. Add calamari and make sure all pieces are coated.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium to medium-high heat to 395 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- While oil heats, combine tomatoes, onion, and celery in a bowl. Set tomato relish aside.
- Shake excess flour from calamari and drop calamari into the hot oil in batches. Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute per batch. Drain on paper towels. Transfer cooked calamari to a serving plate.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese, blue cheese salad dressing, hot sauce, and a sprinkling of tomato relish.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 887 calories; 72.9 36.8 22.5 239 1270 Full nutrition