"A light, sweet drink perfect for the holidays or on a hot summer day! With a milky consistency, this drink is infused with cinnamon and vanilla, adding to its Spanish origin. Try if you love the the flavor of rice pudding or want a new dessert drink recipe! Will last about 4 days in the refrigerator."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 h 15 m servings 189
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Grind rice into very fine, cornmeal-sized pieces using a blender or coffee grinder.
- Transfer ground rice to a medium bowl, pour warm water on top, and drop in cinnamon sticks. Cover and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks. Place mixture back in the blender and puree until as smooth as possible.
- Line a sieve with a couple layers of cheesecloth and strain the mixture. Squeeze cloths to extract as much flavor as possible.
- Stir in milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until sugar has dissolved. Chill completely, at least 2 hours.
- Serve over ice, garnished with cinnamon.
You might also like
Per Serving: 189 calories; 1.8 38.2 4.2 7 39 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1