German Shrimp Pasta Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 30 m servings 337
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 6-quart bowl)
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, dill, and parsley in a large bowl. Muddle the herbs with flat spatula and mix until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in mayonnaise, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon salt until creamy. Stir in celery and onion. Cover and refrigerate.
- Rinse pasta under cold water. Fold pasta into the dressing until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate, folding salad occasionally so that dressing is evenly absorbed, 8 hours to overnight. Add more mayonnaise if pasta looks dry.
- Gently fold in shrimp in the last fold before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Bow ties or small shells also work. If using bow ties, mayonnaise may have to be increased by 1/4 to 1/2 cup.
- Short on time? Still tastes great after chilling for only a couple hours. Mix the dressing first, while the pasta water comes to a boil, and refrigerate. Chop the onions and celery while the pasta is cooking, and add to the dressing in the fridge. When pasta is cooked, drained and, cooled, add to the dressing. Chill until serving time.
Per Serving: 337 calories; 7.7 46.9 17.2 78 1366 Full nutrition