Instant Pot® Baked Beans
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 321
- Combine water and beans in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as an Instant Pot(R)). Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method for 20 minutes; quick-release remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Unlock and remove the lid. Drain and rinse the beans with cold water and set aside. Rinse and wipe out Instant Pot(R) insert and place back into the pressure cooker.
- Turn on Instant Pot(R) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil until shimmering, 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt pork, bacon, and onion and briefly cook until fat begins to render, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in 1/2 cup water and scrape any brown bits off the bottom. Turn Instant Pot(R) off.
- Whisk together ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, mustard, and remaining 1 cup water in a small bowl. Return cooked beans to the pot along with the ketchup mixture. Gently stir to combine. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 35 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method for 20 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Unlock and remove the lid. Beans will thicken upon cooling. Serve immediately or freeze portions for later.
- Cook's Notes:
- The salt content of salt pork varies, so you may need to adjust the salt before serving.
- Older beans can take longer to cook, so you may need to add an additional 5 to 10 minutes of cook time if your beans are still firm.
Per Serving: 321 calories; 15.1 36.2 11.1 17 392 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
My family absolutely loved it! The only change I will make next time is to add some tomato paste or sauce for a more tomato flavor.
Trying to incorporate more beans into our diet and less meat. Found this to be good and hearty addition.