Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 498
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook bow-tie pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels, reserving bacon grease in the skillet. Let bacon cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes; crumble and set aside. Drain cooked pasta and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons bacon grease in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in the hot grease for 2 to 3 minutes. Add crumbled bacon, heavy cream, and 1 tablespoon butter; continue cooking until sauce becomes thick and creamy, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in gouda cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and mix pasta into the cream sauce. Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a medium, microwave-safe bowl in a microwave for 20 seconds. Mix in panko bread crumbs and riced broccoli; stir very well to coat in butter. Spread mixture on top of pasta.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Continue to bake in the preheated oven until crumble is browned, about 5 minutes more.
You might also like
Per Serving: 498 calories; 27.8 51.1 14.9 87 417 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1