Blueberry Cornmeal Upside-Down Cake
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 696
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 9-inch cakes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix all-purpose flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla; combine until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix until incorporated. Set aside.
- Divide butter between two 9-inch cast iron pans; melt over medium-low heat, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 of the brown sugar to each pan; cook until butter and sugar begin to bubble, 2 to 3 minutes. Divide blueberries between the two pans and remove from stove top.
- Divide cornmeal batter between the pans; place each on a sheet pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Run a knife around the outer edges of each cake and invert onto a cutting board for slicing.
You might also like
Per Serving: 696 calories; 36.1 88.4 7.5 168 260 Full nutrition