Red Reuben Hand Pies
6 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 544
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 hand pies)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out pie crusts on a flat, lightly floured surface. Cut each crust into three 6-inch rounds. Spread Thousand Island dressing evenly over the rounds, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Whisk egg and milk together to make an egg wash. Brush over the borders.
- Divide the corned beef evenly among the 6 rounds, placing it in the center. Top each with Swiss cheese and red cabbage. Bring the sides of the dough to meet in the middle, forming a semi-circle shape. Press to seal and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Cut 2 small slits into each hand pie for steam to escape. Brush the top of the pies with the remaining egg wash. Transfer pies to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dough is cooked through and golden brown, 17 to 20 minutes. Remove pies from the baking sheet and serve warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- The Red Cabbage recipe on this site is my favorite, and it works perfectly on this hand pie. Also, red cabbage in a jar can be found at your local supermarket in the canned vegetables aisle.
- You can use deli-sliced corned beef with good results, but these pies are an excellent way to use leftover corned beef that you've made at home.
Per Serving: 544 calories; 36 39.9 16.2 75 807 Full nutrition