Sopa de Mariscos (Seafood Soup)
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 278
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add carrots, corn, and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, tomatoes, ancho chili, chili powder, and cumin and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place clams and mussels in a bowl of cold water to filter out sand.
- Drain clams and mussels; add to the soup. Stir in cod and shrimp. Cover and boil until cod is white and flaky, mussels and clams are open, and shrimp is pink, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately, topped with cilantro and avocado.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If desired, save shrimp tails and shells, wrap up in cheesecloth, and add to the simmering soup. Remove from soup before adding seafood.
- You can substitute snapper or tilapia for cod, if desired.
Per Serving: 278 calories; 9.5 15.5 33.2 112 925 Full nutrition