Enchilada Casserole with Red Guajillo Chile Sauce
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 375
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 enchiladas)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet, sprinkling in pepper and taco seasoning, until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add onion, bell peppers, and carrots; saute for 5 minutes.
- Pour guajillo sauce into a large measuring cup and stir in sugar. Pour sauce over the beef mixture; stir in black beans.
- Place 3 tortillas on the bottom of a casserole dish. Add half the meat mixture on top. Sprinkle 1/2 of the shredded cheese on top. Repeat the layers, ending with cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 25 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For the taco seasoning, I use the Taco Seasoning I recipe from this site but leave out the salt.
Per Serving: 375 calories; 11.9 37.1 29.3 51 609 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I could not find the guajillo Chili sauce so I used Herdez Salsa Casera instead. It was good! Had it with lime flavored rice, and fresh avocado on the side.