Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 10 m servings 274
Original recipe yields 32 servings (2 4-pound tri-tips)
- Place tri-tips in one or two gallon-sized zip-top bags or in a large sealed container.
- Whisk lager, lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper together. Pour marinade over the tri-tips. Seal, squeezing out as much air as possible. Refrigerate, flipping once halfway, 8 hours to overnight.
- Lightly oil the grate of an outdoor grill. Arrange coals or mesquite wood on one side of the grill and preheat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Remove tri-tips from the marinade and place directly over the wood or coals. Sear for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Move tri-tips to the opposite side of the grill, cover, and grill until desired doneness is reached, about 45 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board, wrap in foil, and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Unwrap and slice across the grain.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 274 calories; 12.8 7.1 30.9 106 762 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1