Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 333
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add celery and onion and cook about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices and garlic. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, water, and white wine to the pot with the vegetables and bring to a boil, about 5 minutes. Add parsley and saffron, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer broth 15 minutes more. Add fish to the soup.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil, about 5 minutes. Add mussels and clams, cover, and steam until shells open, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer steamed mussels and clams and the steaming liquid to the pot with the soup. Simmer soup 10 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Since whiting is primarily an east coast fish, it might be difficult to find. If you cannot find it, substitute the whiting with cod.
Per Serving: 333 calories; 15.9 8.7 31.4 116 1447 Full nutrition