Easy Crispy Vietnamese Shrimp Balls
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 297
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Rinse shrimp well under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Coarsely chop shrimp into medium pieces and place in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add 1 beaten egg, shallot, sesame oil, cornstarch, brown sugar, fish sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper to the shrimp in the food processor. Blend until a smooth paste is created. Transfer shrimp paste to a bowl and refrigerate until slightly hardened, about 30 minutes.
- Remove paste from refrigerator. Use an ice cream scoop, a tablespoon, or your hands to form shrimp paste into balls.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add shrimp balls, cover, and steam until they become opaque, about 5 minutes. Transfer steamed shrimp balls to a plate and allow to cool to room temperature, about 5 minutes.
- Place bread crumbs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place 2 beaten eggs in a separate bowl. Roll steamed shrimp balls in bread crumbs, then in beaten eggs, then again in bread crumbs and then place on a plate.
- Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. Cook shrimp balls until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Shrimp paste can be slightly sticky. Wet spoon or hands slightly with water to make handling easier.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 297 calories; 18.9 17.2 14.5 156 385 Full nutrition