0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 40 m servings 691
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Pour flour into a bowl and cut in lard. Mix ice water, egg, vinegar, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add to flour mixture and mix until well combined. Divide pastry into halves, wrap in plastic, and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar and tapioca in a bowl. Add raspberries, cherries, lemon juice, and almond extract. Let fruit filling stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Roll out half the pastry to fit the pie plate. Place bottom crust in the pie plate. Roll the top crust into a 10-inch circle and cut it into 1/2-inch strips using a sharp paring knife or pastry wheel. Pour fruit filling into pie plate. Moisten the rim of the bottom crust with a small amount of water. Start with the longest strips and lay the first 2 in an 'X' in the center of the pie. Alternate horizontal and vertical strips, weaving them in an over-and-under pattern. Use the shortest strips for the edges of the lattice. Fold the ends of the lattice strips under the edge of the bottom crust and flute the crust.
- Stir together egg and cream in a small bowl. Brush lattice with egg mixture and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
You might also like
Per Serving: 691 calories; 34.9 88.3 7.1 77 309 Full nutrition