Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 15 m servings 517
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place chicken into a large zip-top freezer bag.
- Combine red chile peppers, garlic, lemongrass, olive oil, fish sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and sea salt into a food processor. Blend until mixture is finely chopped and combined. Pour marinade into the freezer bag with chicken, making sure chicken is well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to overnight.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking to allow to come to room temperature.
- Heat a large cast iron or nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in batches until golden and caramelized on the outside and no longer pink in the centers, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut into thick slices using a sharp knife.
- Place sugar into a medium bowl add lemon juice and stir to dissolve. Stir in water and fish sauce, followed by garlic and chile pepper. Set aside to settle, 5 to 10 minutes. Taste and adjust for seasoning; add more lemon juice or sugar as needed.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside until noodles are softened, about 15 minutes.
- Place cooked noodles into serving bowls. Top with chicken, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, cilantro, mint, and sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Cook noodles according to individual package instructions.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 517 calories; 18.6 66.8 21.9 48 1691 Full nutrition