Brown Butter-Cassava Flour Snickerdoodles
Angela Sackett Superhotmama
"These grain-free cassava flour cookies are made with coconut sugar, so they're much healthier than the traditional version, slightly less sweet, and full of cinnamon-y goodness. Because cassava flour is more starchy, expect a bit drier cookie and be sure to let them cool completely on the cookie sheet."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 190
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cookies)
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and stir until melted. Continue stirring gently until butter begins to darken in color and releases a slightly nutty smell, 2 to 3 minutes. Immediately remove from heat.
- Pour butter into a heat-proof mixing bowl and place into the freezer to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together cassava flour, almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix 2 tablespoons coconut sugar and cinnamon together in a separate bowl and set cinnamon sugar aside.
- Remove butter from freezer. Add 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined using an electric mixer. Gradually add flour mixture and continue beating until just combined.
- Scoop up little balls of dough with a medium cookie scoop and roll in cinnamon sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheet leaving ample room in between.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 11 minutes. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet before moving to a serving plate.
You might also like
Per Serving: 190 calories; 9.9 24.6 1.9 51 139 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1