Cassava Flour Tortillas
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 220
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Prepare a tortilla press with 2 pieces of parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour warm water into a bowl and stir in salt until it dissolves.
- Combine flour, salt water, and oil in a bowl and mix with your hands until a smooth dough forms. Move dough to a smooth surface and lightly knead until dough feels compact and does not crumble. Separate into 4 equal pieces and roll them into balls.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. Press one dough ball between 2 pieces of parchment paper in the tortilla press. Press down. Open press and carefully peel off the top piece of parchment paper. Flip tortilla onto your hand and carefully peel off the 2nd piece of paper. Return paper back onto tortilla press. Immediately cook the pressed tortilla on the hot griddle. Cook until bubbles form, flip over, and cook on the other side until browned. Do not flip the tortilla before bubbles form or the tortilla will break. Repeat with remaining dough balls.
- Serve immediately or cover with a cloth and reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds at 600W.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The cassava dough can be tricky. Take care to peel away the parchment paper from one side of the tortilla first, then pull it off on the other side. Do not try to remove the tortilla from the parchment paper as it will stick. If this happens, scrape off the dough, shape it into a ball again, and put through the press. The dough is delicate but forgiving. If the dough is too wet, dust it with a bit of flour. Do not add too much or it will dry out and break during the cooking process.
Per Serving: 220 calories; 8.7 35.3 0.4 0 151 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1