Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 354
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Saute bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno peppers until tender, about 3 minutes. Add chili powder, salt, cumin, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, making sure chili powder does not burn.
- Stir tomatoes, beans, water, and rice into the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is fully cooked, about 20 minutes. Check every 10 to 15 minutes if extra water is needed; add 1/4 cup at a time.
- Stir corn and pepper into the chili and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve with vegan cheese.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use brown rice if you prefer.
- Do not halve the amount of beans, even if you halve the recipe. You may double if desired.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 11.1 52.8 11.8 0 1405 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Marvelous recipe! Some of the best chili I’ve had in a long time. Made it with a family recipe for marinated Serrano peppers instead of jalapeños and it added a lot of kick to it. Also I loved t...