Spicy Vegan Mango and Tofu Stir-Fry
2 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a vegan sweet and spicy tofu stir fry that was inspired by a dish I get at my local Thai restaurant. I've been working through this recipe for several years now but finally have created something I love. Ensuring all of the ingredients are thinly cut results in uniform cooking as well as a crunchy and addictive texture. This recipe also works great with chicken if tofu isn't your thing!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 299
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine pineapple, broth, mango, habanero, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and turmeric in a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce contents carefully into the bowl of a food processor or electric blender and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Place tofu in a large mixing bowl and add enough cornstarch to lightly coat all pieces.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add vegetable oil to the hot wok; heat until shimmering, about 1 minute. Add tofu and stir-fry until uniformly golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer tofu to a plate and set aside.
- Place celery, carrots, mangos, and green peppers into the wok and stir-fry until they are soft and have a bright color while remaining firm, about 5 minutes. Add tofu back to the pan with sauce and combine well. Taste and add salt as needed. Serve topped with cilantro and scallions.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute 1/4 to 1/2 cup matchstick carrots instead of sliced whole carrots. You can also run them through a spiralizer. You can use apple cider vinegar instead of rice vinegar, and chicken stock instead of vegetable.
- Try to pick mangos on the firmer side. Make sure mangos and tofu strips are the same size, and that green peppers and celery strips are the same size.
Per Serving: 299 calories; 11.6 44.6 9.8 0 834 Full nutrition