Ingredients50 m servings 661
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Coat inside of each spaghetti squash half with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place spaghetti squash, skin-side up, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast spaghetti squash in the preheated oven until skin can easily be pierced with a fork, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook ground turkey in a skillet over medium heat until browned. Combine tomatoes, asparagus, onion, basil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Add to browned ground turkey in the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and cook until asparagus is slightly tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove cooked spaghetti squash from oven and let cool until easily handled. Scrape squash into spaghetti strands using a fork and place into a bowl. Try to maintain the integrity of the squash skin and you can using as a serving vessel.
- Place 1/2 the spaghetti squash into a serving dish or the squash skin and top with turkey-vegetable mixture.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use fresh tomatoes instead of canned.
Per Serving: 661 calories; 33 42.8 52 169 2155 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Changed it to ground beef. Not crazy about ground turkey. It was still within my carb points for the meal. Will make it again.
Loved this recipe. It was perfect! I just added a bit of Parmesan on top! Will be having over and over. Healthy and tasty! Thank you!
Delicious as the recipe is written. Cook the spaghetti squash in the oven just till it shreds about 40 minutes for the one I had. As written it tastes great and is a good weeknight meal. Can be...
This is definitely going to be a revolving favorite for my family! I didn't make any changes to the recipe except doubled the basil, just because we love it so much and everyone loved it!
This was a very easy and tasty dish. I would cut back on the amount of filling items by 1/4, as we had plenty leftover. It did make a nice snack!
A Very good recipe, easy to make and quite tasty. I will make this again. April 23/2019