Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 1 h 55 m servings 678
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap the pan in a double layer of heavy duty aluminum foil, securely wrapping it around the pan.
- Combine cookies, 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, and cinnamon in a food processor; finely grind. Add butter and process until crumbs hold together. Press mixture into the prepared pan, covering the bottom and extending 1 1/2 inches up the sides.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until crust darkens slightly, about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven. Let crust cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Blend cream cheese and sugar in a food processor until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Mix in 1 egg, 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons coffee liqueur, and vanilla extract. Dissolve espresso powder in Irish whiskey in a large bowl. Stir in cream cheese mixture. Whisk in remaining eggs 1 at a time. Pour filling into the cooled crust.
- Place the filled springform pan into a large, deep baking pan. Add 1 inch of hot water to the outer pan.
- Bake in the hot oven until outer 2 inches of cake are firm and slightly puffed, about 45 minutes; center will appear moist and edges may crack slightly. Remove springform pan from the water and place on a wire rack; let cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Refrigerate cake in the pan until well chilled, about 2 hours more. Cover pan with plastic wrap and let cake mellow for 1 to 2 days.
- Dissolve espresso powder and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in 1 tablespoon cream in a small bowl. Beat 1 1/2 cups chilled cream and 2 tablespoons sugar together in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Fold in espresso mixture. Remove plastic wrap and pan sides from the cake. Serve topped with the whipped topping and garnished with chocolate-covered espresso beans.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use gingersnap cookies in place of oatmeal cookies; if so, leave out the cinnamon.
- Use any brand coffee liqueur you like.
Per Serving: 678 calories; 47.7 47.9 9.5 202 314 Full nutrition