My Big Fat Greek Baked Beans
Ingredients10 h 5 m servings 330
- Place Corona beans in a large bowl. Cover with a generous amount of water and let soak, 8 hours to overnight. Watch Now
- Drain beans into a pot. Add 3 quarts fresh water and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, stir, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer until just tender but not too soft, 45 to 60 minutes. Watch Now
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drain beans and spread into a large casserole dish. Add red onion, garlic, tomato sauce, tomato paste, honey, 1/2 cup dill, olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, vinegar, and water. Mix until well combined. Place dish onto a lined baking sheet to catch any spills. Watch Now
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is bubbling and caramelized and beans are soft, about 1 hour. Check periodically and add more water if casserole is too dry. Watch Now
- Stir casserole and smooth the top. Garnish with feta cheese and 1 tablespoon dill. Watch Now
- Chef's Notes:
- You can use finely chopped fresh tomato instead of tomato sauce if preferred.
- Substitute 2 teaspoons fine table salt for kosher salt if desired.
Per Serving: 330 calories; 13.8 38.5 13.1 10 1004 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
It came out really good. I used Lima beans, soaked them about for 18 hours, and simmered for 30 min, then the beans were tender. I only added 1 and 1/2 cup of water in the tomato sauce mix. Bake...
I really enjoyed this—and have been eating the leftovers for lunches this week. It took much longer for the sauce to reduce and for the onions to soften; I kept adding 15 minutes to the baking t...