Mini Scotch Eggs in the Air Fryer
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 143
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 eggs)
- Combine yogurt, mustard, garlic powder, and cayenne in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate mustard dipping sauce until ready to use.
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place flour on a flat plate. Divide sausage into 12 equal balls. Using your hands, flatten each ball into a paper thin patty. Dust both sides of each patty with flour; the flour on one side will help the sausage adhere to the egg and the flour on the other side will keep the sausage from sticking to your hands.
- Shape each sausage patty around a hard-boiled quail egg, making sure the egg is completely sealed inside. Dip each in the beaten egg and coat in bread crumbs.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place 6 eggs in the basket and mist the tops with cooking spray. Cook for 8 minutes. Flip and spray again. Cook 6 additional minutes. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- To serve, slice each egg in half and serve with mustard dipping sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- These Scotch eggs were made from quail eggs and intended for finger food but you can substitute 3 chicken eggs for regular-size Scotch eggs if desired.
Per Serving: 143 calories; 8.9 9.9 7.6 109 382 Full nutrition