Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 40 m servings 182
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place a heat-resistant pad underneath a large pot filled with warm water. Attach a sous vide precision cooker to the pot and set temperature to 135 degrees F (57°C). Set the timer to 24 hours.
- Remove all surface fat and silver skin from the roast. Truss the roast and generously season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Place the roast in a large resealable bag and remove all the air with a vacuum sealer. Place bag in the pot once the right temperature is reached, making sure it is completely submerged. Cover pot with plastic wrap to ensure the water doesn't evaporate.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, thyme, and parsley in a small bowl 1 hour before the timer goes off.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) 20 minutes before the timer goes off. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Remove the bag from the pot and transfer to a plate. Remove roast and pat dry using paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible. Place the roast on the prepared baking sheet and cover with olive oil mixture.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the roast is in the oven, combine water, beef base, soy sauce, and garlic granules in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a soft boil, then reduce heat, and simmer until sauce is reduced, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove roast from the oven, cover with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice roast and place on a platter. Drizzle au jus on top or serve sauce separately.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't have a vacuum sealer, use the water-immersion method.
- You can also use the juice from the roast, but I found that it made it muddy.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 13.7 0.3 13.6 52 248 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1