Easy Chili Cornbread Bake
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 528
- Cook turkey, celery, and onion in a skillet over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Add chili powder, black pepper, cumin, and red pepper. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, chili beans, and cannellini beans. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine cornbread mixes, milk, and egg in a bowl and mix well. Spoon batter into the prepared baking pan. Spoon turkey mixture over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, until edges of cornbread are nicely browned and center appears to be set, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top. Return to the hot oven and bake until cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use a Mexican cheese blend in place of Cheddar if you prefer.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making the cornbread are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 528 calories; 18.9 64.6 27.2 106 1455 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Overall this is a pretty good meal! I also used kidney beans in place of cannellini, and added a bit of chile in adobo sauce for some heat. Topped with white cheddar and green onions, and it tas...
It was really good, easy to prepare, and my family loved it.Its’s s keeper!
Added chopped garlic while browning meat mixture. Served with guacamole & sour cream!!! Delish!!!!!
I agree with the reviewer who suggested the milk and egg proportions were wrong when using two boxes of corn bread mix; they should be doubled. Otherwise we really enjoyed this dish. It is easil...
My husband and I loved this recipe! I accidentally added a can of tomatoes with juice thinking it was tomato sauce but I just cooked it on the stove top a little longer to get some of the juice...
Everyone loved this. Double the chili mix but not the cornbread. I also used green pepper instead of celery.
this was good. i didnt use the celery and made my own chilli with more seasoning
I loved this recipe but I did make a few changes. I used a pound of lean ground beef instead of turkey. I used light red kidney beans and a can of Brooks Chili Hot Beans. I took what others said...